survey for engineers

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

willw89

survey for engineers

Post by willw89 »

I am participating in a Principals of Engineering class in high school, and I was wondering if any engineers could answer my questions. You can either email me [personal details removed by moderator] or reply to this post with your answers.

[removed by moderator]

Interviewee’s specific degree:

[removed by moderator]

Please describe your engineering field.

What is your current job title?

Please describe your particular job and duties.

What is your average work schedule?

Starting with high school, please describe your educational background chronologically.

If you had it to do over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?

What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

[Moderator note:

I have removed your personal info and removed your requests for personal info. Please read these guidelines. Thank you.
viewtopic.php?t=12052 ]
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: survey for engineers

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi willw89,

Please find my answer to your questions below. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can help answer or if you'd like any additional clarifications to any of the responses. Good Luck!
Willey

Interviewee’s specific degree: BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)

Please describe your engineering field.
My field within electrical engineering deals with power distribution design (such as getting power to a machine or a building) and industrial controls that involves programming a machine to behave a certain way within a manufacturing process.

What is your current job title? Senior Electrical Engineer

Please describe your particular job and duties.
My particular job deals with designing the electrical section of different machines, supporting teams in the field and manufacturing floor, and addressing special issues (such as when a customer need a special features or there's a problem with a supplier).

Starting with high school, please describe your educational background chronologically.
- High School
- University
- Professional Development (Ongoing) – such as graduate level classes and attending conferences.

What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?
My advice would be to get comfortable with the idea of that you may not always know the answers and develops the skills / confidence that you can figure it out in a team environment. As an engineer, you may find yourself thrown into situation that may not be part of your training or your area of expertise. Understanding your own limitation and having the ability to work with a team to figure things out will serve you well. Along this same line, never stop learning.

Return to “Interview Requests”