Help me propose to my girlfriend - please!

Questions related to Raspberry Pi Projects Kit from Science Buddies only.

Moderators: AmyCowen, bfinio, MadelineB, sunmoonstars, Moderators

grammywinner

Help me propose to my girlfriend - please!

Post by grammywinner »

I desperately need help on a project where I'm proposing to my girlfriend. I am building a jewelry box that will have the ring in it, and it will do the following:

Activate with a key
Run a slideshow on a LCD screen (underside of lid)
Play music which aligns to the slideshow
Run a programmed light show (using RGB LED strip) which also aligns to slideshow
Activate a small motor at end of show, which spins a whole maze of gears, opening up a beautiful miniature "vault" in the center of the box where the ring is stored.

The jewelry box, mechanics, and all that fun stuff is easy for me and is designed and ready. I have however no experience with RPi and need help in purchasing the right tools, and learning how to program the above. (I have a little experience in programming, but not much)

If there's anyone out there who might take pity on me and help me create the most magical moment of my girlfriend and my life together, that would be absolutely welcome too. I need help! :D

Also, I will be video taping the event from multiple perspectives and am planning on publishing our edited version on YouTube. I fully expect it to be somewhat popular, and would have no problem advertising for whomever helps me!

Thanks for considering - I'm hoping someone can give me a hand!
Jeremy
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help me propose to my girlfriend - please!

Post by bfinio »

Hi - this forum in general is for K-12 students, and this subforum specifically is for students who have purchased our Science Buddies Raspberry Pi kit. There are many other Raspberry Pi forums where you may be able to find help, though:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/

Good luck!
grammywinner

Re: Help me propose to my girlfriend - please!

Post by grammywinner »

Oops! Sorry- will repost there :)

Return to “Raspberry Pi Projects Kit”