Pi 4 load for streams

Questions related to Raspberry Pi Projects Kit from Science Buddies only.

Moderators: AmyCowen, bfinio, MadelineB, sunmoonstars, Moderators

CastroNero
Project Question: climate change
Project Due Date: May 28
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Pi 4 load for streams

Post by CastroNero »

Hi to evryone! To be true I don’t have "raspberries" for now, and I ask this question to understand should I buy it or not.
There is a python script that periodically checks the status of the twitch stream and (if the stream has become online) recording starts (via streamlink).
Has anyone done anything like this?
I wonder if the pi 4 can handle 2-3-4 simultaneous streams from a twitch at, say, 1080p 5-10kbit / s? Will there be frame drops / wild overheating / other troubles?
I understand that the question is very narrowly focused. But maybe someone did something like that.

All cursory views of videos / articles like "pi 4 as desktop" disappointed me - pi 4 even 720p video on youtube via chromium loads the processor by almost 100%. Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Pi 4 load for streams

Post by bfinio »

Hi - this forum is specifically for questions about the Science Buddies Raspberry Pi kit and associated projects: https://www.homesciencetools.com/produc ... jects-kit/

Your question is better suited for the official Raspberry Pi forums: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/
CastroNero
Project Question: climate change
Project Due Date: May 28
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by CastroNero »

Thanks! But anyway, I bought Pi 4 for our project visualisation, of observing climate change statistics. It's for my kids
DabbyColines

Post by DabbyColines »

I have tried something similar. I was forced to admit defeat, the issue was not solved

Return to “Raspberry Pi Projects Kit”