My Science Fair Project Idea

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
JordanU740

My Science Fair Project Idea

Post by JordanU740 »

Well Guys I think I found a Science Fair project I could preform. It involves Regular ciggeretts and ultra light ciggerettes. My health teach did this thing that envolves a dish saoap bottle and some sort of brand of ciggerette and she put cotton balls into the bottle and somehow lit the ciggerette and put it in themouth of the bottle and squeezed the bottle and puffed on the ciggerette. Then the cotton balls turned from their white color th a nasty brown from the smoke. There was also tar left in the bottom. I want to see if the cotton ball's "conditions" differentiate wih the regular cggeretts then with the lights. I want to know if this is leggal :? and if it is a good science fair rough idea.
Thank You
Jordan 8)
Jordan U
Louise
Former Expert

Re: My Science Fair Project Idea

Post by Louise »

JordanU740 wrote: Well Guys I think I found a Science Fair project I could preform. It involves Regular ciggeretts and ultra light ciggerettes. My health teach did this thing that envolves a dish saoap bottle and some sort of brand of ciggerette and she put cotton balls into the bottle and somehow lit the ciggerette and put it in themouth of the bottle and squeezed the bottle and puffed on the ciggerette. Then the cotton balls turned from their white color th a nasty brown from the smoke. There was also tar left in the bottom. I want to see if the cotton ball's "conditions" differentiate wih the regular cggeretts then with the lights. I want to know if this is leggal :? and if it is a good science fair rough idea.
Thank You
Jordan 8)
We cannot advise you if it is legal for you to posses cigarettes. I think it is generally a bad idea to work with controlled substances for science fairs, regardless of whether it is "legal" for you to do or not.

Louise
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

JordanU740,

As Louise said, we will not advise you on this project. You need to talk to your teacher. S/he, your parents, and fair regulartory personel are the people who will be able to advise you about this. Talk to your teacher.
All the best,
Terik
JordanU740

Reply to Terrik

Post by JordanU740 »

Oh O.K. I will deffinatley talk to my teacher about my project idea. It was just and idea so I still don't know if I wan to do it.
Thank You A Lot!
Jordan 8)
Jordan U

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”