Model of Matter 6th grade

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Lyubov

Model of Matter 6th grade

Post by Lyubov »

My son has to do a Model of Matter 6th grade project. We made 3 dimensional models of molecules of liquid, solid and gas. We also need to "show the motion of the molecules in all three states". Please help us! We have no idea how to make a movable model...
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

Hi,
I recommend posting this same question in the Physical Sciences forum.

Springs, strings, and hinged joints come to mind as ways to make a movable model, though it's hard to make a specific recommendation without knowing what you've done. Can you describe your model a bit more?

Thanks,
Chris
Lyubov

Post by Lyubov »

We have foam balls connected by pieces of wire, with different lengths of the wire... It can easily be redone if there is a better idea... Thanks.
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

See https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... php?t=2800 and ignore my stupidity for not catching that the grade level was in the thread title (which unfortunately is NOT shown in the review/reply pane).
-Craig

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”