NEED IMMEDIATE HELP..PLZZZ

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
binsuabraham

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP..PLZZZ

Post by binsuabraham »

I need an idea for my science horizon.
I cant think of any. First I thought of creating electricity with the energy stored in fruits and vegetables. But some of my frendz said that it mite sound silly.
Plz help me...
I have to give in my idea in a day!
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

First of all, if making electricity from fruits and vegetables interests you, I suggest you do it no matter what your friends think! A science project will be a lot more rewarding if it's something you're interested in.

If, however, you are still looking for ideas, go up to the upper left-hand corner of the screen and click on 'science fair ideas'. You can go through a selection wizard to see what interests you, or you can browse by subject if you know you are interested in electricity (or whatever). The link is right underneath the Science Buddies icon.
binsuabraham

Post by binsuabraham »

I did look through all those ideas...however, I can't decide...
I am open to any ideas...plz cud u tell me any winning ideas???
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

What are you interested in? Which of those ideas are you trying to decide between?
binsuabraham

Post by binsuabraham »

it cud be anything...chemistry, or electricity ....
i have to have something that would benefit the community...
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

binsuabraham wrote:it cud be anything...chemistry, or electricity ....
i have to have something that would benefit the community...
Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic in different forums. Pick one. Also, asking for "winning" ideas isn't very productive. What makes an idea "winning" is how interested the student is in a topic. So, unless you provide some information about what your interests are, you aren't going to get very good advice.

Louise
binsuabraham

Post by binsuabraham »

Im interested in the field of biology...but my teacher said to try not to use living things...
So, now i want to do something in chemistry...but I dont know wat...
julieah

hi

Post by julieah »

hi,

To start a project is always difficult; specially if you're doing it because you have to... :!:

Project in biology is less difficult but is quite "sensitive"; but if you will follow the protocol in conducting your project, there will be no problem i should say... what you're teacher should have wished to say is that you should not use human, for example, as your test orgasnism...

My students do projects in biology say, investigating on the antimicrobial activity of Euphorbia latex. They're doing microbacterial assay. It's simple and they're enjoying it. I guess that's what matters most.

:)
Louise
Former Expert

Re: hi

Post by Louise »

julieah wrote: ... what you're teacher should have wished to say is that you should not use human, for example, as your test orgasnism...
This is a good point. You should check with your teacher about what the guidelines really are. For example, I have never heard of experiments involving plants being banned, but I have heard of experiements with bacteria being banned (since potentially dangerous bacteria can be cultured). However, many other schools do allow microbiology experiments on bacteria, and you can see from this forum that it is a pretty popular project.

Here is the link to projects using plants:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ?from=Home

Here are the chemistry projects:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ?from=Home

Louise

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”