Help Please

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
mljones0203

Help Please

Post by mljones0203 »

Please help, I have a group Science Fair project to do for my PSY 101 class. A few of my other group members would like our topic to be - Are women more prone to depression than men? However, I don't think this is a topic we are equiped to study. Do you have any suggestions on how to approach this topic?
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: Help Please

Post by davidkallman »

Hi mljones0203,

If you pose "Are women more prone to depression than men?" to answers.com you'll see that yes it's true (except for one situation).

I don't know how you'll do a direct science project, beyond a literate search. Maybe someone else can help.
Cheers!

Dave
adance
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by adance »

I agree with Dave, if you sift through some literature, you could probably find that this question is already answered.
But, you might consider another variable and look for depression. I don't know, age, culture...? Probably the easiest method would be a survey, and the literature search might help you figure out the best way to find out if people are more or less depressed. I think there are standard questionnaires that give a sort of "depression score."
Amber Dance
Science Buddy

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”