What tree matches this leaf?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
martin4

What tree matches this leaf?

Post by martin4 »

I am doing a science project on leaves and I am suppose to get a parallel veined leaf. I have looked on the internet and in some books at the library. I have asked everyone that I know who is a landscaper and no one can help me. Can anyone tell me what kind of tree can I find this type of leaf on? I live in Ohio.

Thank you,
Scott Martin
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Corn is the first thing that jumps to mind--can you get leaves from agricultural plants?
martin4

Post by martin4 »

I thought about corn too, but it's suppose to be from trees. Now I'm thinking of maybe a Ginkgo?
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

That should do it. :)
wildfirefox
Former Expert

Post by wildfirefox »

Corn and ginko are good approaches. How about palm? This is quite abundant throughout any part of the U.S.. Depending were you live, you may also find beech, cabbage, maple, banana leaves, and many other shrubs and small trees.
Those who can see that do not exist are geniuses. Those who can see what exists are brilliant. Those cannot see what exists are ignorant.
- Lao Tsu

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”