Help Please

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

CandyGirl

Help Please

Post by CandyGirl »

Okay, I'm have an idea for my science project, but I would like to know if the brain has to do with biolgy ( because people are telling me it doesn't ). Also i would like to know what`s the difficulty of it.
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

The study of the way the brain works as the physiological level is called neurobiology, so yes, it is biology.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as 'it' in your second question--can you elaborate?
CandyGirl

Post by CandyGirl »

sorry about that. what i meant was what level of difficulty would my experiment be if i was to do that experiment?
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

CandyGirl,

I still don't understand what your experiment would be. Can you tell us what grade you are in? That might help us help you better.

What do you want to know about how the brain works? Which brains were you thinking of looking at (human, bird, mammal, fish, insect, etc.)? What were you thinking of testing?

Once we know that we should be able to help you better.
CandyGirl

Post by CandyGirl »

ohh okay sorry. let me make it more clear. i'm a freshmen ( grade 9 ) and i want to do my science fair project based on the human brain.
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

CandyGirl,

I suggest that you take a look at our 'science fair project guide' in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, because I think that we are thinking about very different things when we're talking about science projects.
Scronjsn11
Former Expert

Post by Scronjsn11 »

Hi,

Depending on what your experiment turns out to be...it can be very hard/ complex. Im not exactly sure what kind of experiment you will do. Maybe you can write some ideas of what you are thinking about doing. If you pick an experiment on the brain that is simple, it will be very easy but remember: the brain is a very complex experiment. Lets see what you are thinking and we can help you out as best as we can.
CandyGirl

Post by CandyGirl »

its okay now, i got the help i needed. thank alot!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”