do plants affect the quality of water?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
r4gg3d

do plants affect the quality of water?

Post by r4gg3d »

Please ignore my acount info its an old account.

For my science project I am required to have an interview with an expert however it may be online or over the phone so I am going to type my questions as follows. Please reply as soon as posible.

How do the roots of the plants absorb the water and how fast do they absorb it?
Do plants give off any water though photosynthesis or waste on a cellular level?
Do different plants absorb water differently through their roots or other systems?
What are some different ways to measure water clarity?

Please if there is an expert out there help me to get a good grade. :)
Sareena Avadhany
Former Expert

Post by Sareena Avadhany »

Hi,

Expert scientists and high school mentors give priority to students with science fair related questions. This program is designed specifically for students who are doing science fairs.

If you would like to have your questions answered, I am sure there are other forums online designed to do so, or you might want to ask people you know.

Cheers,
Sareena
r4gg3d

Post by r4gg3d »

This is for a science fair its a science project that we have to put into a science fair.
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

r4gg3d wrote:This is for a science fair its a science project that we have to put into a science fair.
Hi! I think what Sareena was saying is that we will help you figure out what to do, but not do the work for you. If you are confused about what a hypothesis or how to test your hypothesis, we'll help. If you've done some research, but are confused about a concept, we'll help. But, we won't do your background research for you. We are also not allowed to give our contact information to you, so we cannot serve as your expert. Last, but not least, the way the boards are staffed you probably won't get a reply immediately. Expect a response to take 12-36 hours.

I suggest you try to answer your questions using an encyclopedia. They are straightforward questions and should be easy to find the answers too. Online references such as wikipedia can be useful, but anyone can write an entry, so it is best to use a real book. Many teachers disallow the use of websites for references. If you cannot find this information in the encylcopedia, I suggest asking the reference librarian for help. He or she will be able to show you how to do research, which will be a usefull skill for the rest of your life.

Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Louise
r4gg3d

Post by r4gg3d »

thank you
r4gg3d

Post by r4gg3d »

I dont need anyone to anwser the questions but im more looking for someone that i can ask these questions because the highest grade we can get without an interview is a C. So what i'm asking is for you to reccomend someone or something liek that. those questions were meant to be used in the interview, i had an expert at ODU but he would'nt respond to my e-mails.
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

r4gg3d wrote:I dont need anyone to anwser the questions but im more looking for someone that i can ask these questions because the highest grade we can get without an interview is a C. So what i'm asking is for you to reccomend someone or something liek that. those questions were meant to be used in the interview, i had an expert at ODU but he would'nt respond to my e-mails.
I would contact your local agricultural extention office, a local plant shop, or the local horticultural society. Remember, be very polite when you contact them.

Hope this helps.

Louise
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

I agree with the advice here. Also, when you contact someone, make sure to explain the relevant details of who you are, what you are doing for your science fair project, and why you are contacting that particular person. The more they know about your interest in the topic and your understanding of their own expertise, the more likely they will will respond.

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”