What does this mean?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

melzer93

What does this mean?

Post by melzer93 »

I have tried looking all over the internet and I CANNOT come up with the definition of this term. Can someone please please please help me out?? The term is language evolution. If anyone could help, that'd be so awesome!
~melzer93~
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by HeatherL »

I just typed "language evolution" into Google and got several hits.

Please note that this site is meant for students needing help with science projects, not homework questions. The way you have worded your post, it sounds like you're just looking for a definition. If you have a project with which you need help, feel free to post back with more specific questions about your project.

Cheers,
Heather
EmilyDolson
Former Expert
Project Question: Human Impacts on Sea Otter Behavior
Project Due Date: March 2009
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by EmilyDolson »

Hi Melzer,

Based on your post in the physical science forum, I am assuming that you are researching this for your project on the Bouba-Kiki effect. Like Heather said, a lot of good results come up when you type "language evolution" into google.

This page http://www.neurologyreviews.com/jul02/ ... dseye.html provides a lot of good background information on how the human ability to use language developed.

This page http://www.neurologyreviews.com/jul02/n ... dseye.html offers a newer, more scientific theory on language evolution that is more relevant to your project. It is very long, but interesting if you are into this kind of stuff.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

-Emily
Reach for the stars and, if you miss, grab the moon!
jasmine bardillon

this is my answer to your question...

Post by jasmine bardillon »

Hi melzer!

We have done a research project before in that topic of language evolution. In our research, it is said to be that it is the stages of the languages that your country have go through the ages. For example, here in our country, PHILIPPINES, our language has evolved from tagalog to filipino.
Maria Jasmine L. Bardillon
1-Special Science Curriculum A
Batasan Hills National High School
melzer93

thank you!

Post by melzer93 »

thanks to all of you for your help, like you said heather, yes, i was just looking for a definition but i got that now and thank you so much for your help an your time
~melzer93~

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”