?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

NICOLE19

?

Post by NICOLE19 »

yes that was the link i was talking about and the problem im having is that i need to know how to carry out my experimant and what are my expectations ....(thats what my science teacher is asking for)...so thats what im trying to figure out and i need help on..."help" :!:
!SHAYNA!
Louise
Former Expert

Re: ?

Post by Louise »

NICOLE19 wrote: yes that was the link i was talking about and the problem im having is that i need to know how to carry out my experimant and what are my expectations ....(thats what my science teacher is asking for)...so thats what im trying to figure out and i need help on..."help" :!:
Nicole19,
People won't know what you are talking about if you don't repeat your question. I've cut and pasted your post and Geoff's response below, so people reading this won't be confused. The instructions for how to carry out the experiment are in the link Geoff provided. What exactly do you not understand about the experiment?

There is a very nice overview about science fair projects in general on this site:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ndex.shtml

If you read this material, I am sure you will be able to complete this project! I'm not sure what you mean by expectations, but this guide tells you what is expected and required for a science fair project. What your teacher may mean by expectations is the 'hypothesis'. This is a guess of what you think (expect) will happen. You can read about how to make a hypothesis in the science guide I linked to above.

This is a continuation of a previous thread, located at:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... php?t=1396

Quoted below is the appropriate two posts of the previous thread.
nicole19 wrote:
well my science projrct this year is to figure out if the nose knows taste?if you go on your site and on the search bar type in ...the nose knows smell but how about taste?and i ws wondering how do you carry out an experimant and the expectations you have??..."help"......

Hi NICOLE19,

Okay, I went ahead and did what you tried and came up with the following website: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... p023.shtml

Is this the science fair project you were wanting to do?

If so, all of the materials and experimental procedures that you asked about are contained within this link. I am unsure what it is that you are specifically requesting that is not covered. What do you expect this experiment to show, based on your background research?

Please start a NEW THREAD outlining your intended science fair project and what, specifically, you do not understand. The more information you give us, the more we will hopefully be able to help.

***Don't forget to start a new thread - do not continue to reply to this one as it was meant to be covering a topic on heat***

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Geoff.
Forensic Sciences Laboratory
NICOLE19

?

Post by NICOLE19 »

{my teacher asked me to do a science experiment and he told us that we have to write a final draft with includes [the experiment design] which i think you guys already know what that is.... and in that finla draft he told us that we have to write a brief summary about carrying out the experiment and what are your expectations....thats the only thing that im having trouble with is [what is carrying out an experiment] i already know what were my expectations but just need an answer on carrying out the experiment....hope you guys can help me find the answer!!!! :?: :!: :arrow:
!SHAYNA!
NICOLE19

?

Post by NICOLE19 »

that was the thing i was having trouble with but thank you guys for helping me with everything else....{carrying out an experiment} is very hard i dont understand lols....anyways thank you !!!! :!: :?: :arrow: :idea:
!SHAYNA!
Louise
Former Expert

Re: ?

Post by Louise »

NICOLE19 wrote: {my teacher asked me to do a science experiment and he told us that we have to write a final draft with includes [the experiment design] which i think you guys already know what that is.... and in that finla draft he told us that we have to write a brief summary about carrying out the experiment and what are your expectations....thats the only thing that im having trouble with is [what is carrying out an experiment] i already know what were my expectations but just need an answer on carrying out the experiment....hope you guys can help me find the answer!!!! :?: :!: :arrow:
I think you should talk to your teacher. I do not understand the difference between writing an experimental design and writing how you carried out the experiment. To me, these are the same thing.

If you are asking how to _do_ the experiment, then you just follow the steps in the experimental design.

I'm sorry I cannot help more. Good luck with your paper!

Louise
kathleenkimball4
Former Expert

Post by kathleenkimball4 »

I'm a little confused too -- but it kind of sounds like you're supposed to write some form of procedure. Ask your teacher though; he'll tell you exactly what you need to do.
-Kathleen-

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”