Applications?

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

CrackaBeSurfin

Applications?

Post by CrackaBeSurfin »

How do i make an application(i.e. what should i put in it?)
staryl13
Former Expert
Project Question: Neuroregeneration
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by staryl13 »

Hi!
What exactly do you mean by an application? More information would help us answer your question better. Thanks!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov
tbnm815
Former Expert

Post by tbnm815 »

Hey,

Do you mean applications for your project? Well that means, what is your project's use in every day life. What advances can it make for society. For example, in a project "Which battery lasts the longest" the application could be that you are showing people the best battery to buy.

Hope I helped.
Nick
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

When you ask "What is an application?," two things come to mind.

The first is, like tbnm815 said, a description of why your project is useful. An Application section in your report or on your display board should tell the person who is reading the report of looking at your board why s/he should care about what you found out.

The second thought that comes to mind is the application to a science fair. This kind of application is a paper (or set of papers) that you fill out so that you can enter a science fair. An application to a science fair usually has a few different parts: a section for information about you (name, grade, teacher, school, etc.), a section for your teacher and parents to sign, and a section for your research plan (sometimes called a pre-lab).

Let us know which kind of application you mean (the first one or the second one) and we will be able to help you much better.
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”