How can surveys be used for a scientific study?

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

tarzan
Project Question: how can surveys be used to collect information for a scientific study?
Project Due Date: January 22
Project Status: I am conducting my research

How can surveys be used for a scientific study?

Post by tarzan »

I am trying to respond this question. can I help me? thank you
staryl13
Former Expert
Project Question: Neuroregeneration
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How can surveys be used for a scientific study?

Post by staryl13 »

Hi!
Surveys can be used in scientific studies, especially when people are trying to find the correlation between different variables. The survey results can then be analyzed using various statistical methods to determine whether there truly is a correlation between the variables or not. Hope this helped!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov
elin105
Former Expert

Post by elin105 »

Hi!

Generally, surveys are best portrayed when shown in graph form, or pie chart form, depending on the data. Like staryl13 said, this will help find the correlation betweend different variables.

Good luck!
wills_wow
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by wills_wow »

In other words, surveys are methods of collecting, sorting, and analyzing data. The best surveys are usually those that are equipped with a large amount of information. This way, the scientist can spot the pattern in the data then make conclusions that are consistent and accurate. Surveys are usually also unbiased way of attaining information. This will ensure that the information collected would not be misleading or skewed.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”