display board

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

JoshuaT
Project Question: I need help with an idea I have for my display board. I want to paint a design on the board and glue my text on top of that. My parents think I should use paper to create the design and glue that on first. I think it will wrinkle when I fold the board. Do you have any suggestions? Can I paint the board and what paint is good?
Project Due Date: January 30, 2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

display board

Post by JoshuaT »

Hello, I want to put a design on my board and then glue my text on top. I don't know if I should paint the design or cut out nice paper and glue the design on. I'm worried that the design will wrinkle because it will be along the folds of the side panels. It's a big design. Has anyone painted their board before? Does it work, what paint did you use? If you glued a design, what did you do about the side panels when it was folded? Thanks. PS hurry, my board is due next week!!!! :D
Christinariehl
Former Expert

Re: display board

Post by Christinariehl »

Hi Joshua,

Two quick recommendations: if you glue a design on, you could cut the design where the folds are, so that it doesn't wrinkle when you fold it. Or, if you paint it on, regular acrylic paints would probably work fine. They're cheap and available at any arts and crafts store (and probably at places like wal-mart too).

Christie
Christie Riehl

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”