few questions

This forum is dedicated to students preparing for ISEF. Experts will answer your questions and provide advice based on their first hand ISEF experience. Talk to other students who will be attending and prepare together.

Moderator: berkeleywebs

faique_008
Project Question: my question is that is there any good projects on WSN wireless data networks , that should be low cost but attractive ane impresive ..... also i need to know about the future applications of DCS distributed control system that i can mproject of..... thanks
Project Due Date: 1 january 2009
Project Status: I am conducting my research

few questions

Post by faique_008 »

1- well....i am making a project on DCS distributed control system that will control multiple parameters...like temperature,pressure , flow etc ..... but i want to modify it ... so my question is that is there any near future application of DCS....that i can employ in my project on DCS?

2-Another question is that can i control it through GSM or CDMA or satelite...... :?:

3-my another option is to make a project on WSN wireless sensors networks.. so my question is that is there any impressive and cost effective project available on this topic... :?:

4-also can u tell me a project on NN neural netwoks....?

Cheers......
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: few questions

Post by davidkallman »

Hi faique_008,

Wow, I'm impressed at your knowledge so far.

A partial response, re your question #4: a list of Neural Network projects at the University of Texas can be found at:
http://nn.cs.utexas.edu/project-list.php

I don't know if any of these are appropriate for your project, they may be too advanced. But, if these projects are not appropriate, they may serve as an inspiration.
Cheers!

Dave
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: few questions

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Faique,
(1) The kind of setup you are describing would be useful for environmental monitoring near streams, where pressure, temperature and flow estimates are often used to determine the interaction between ground water and river water. There are many other possibilities.
About 2 and 3, I don't know.
(4) There are also many potential projects on neural network applications. One that I encounter in my own work is use of neural network analysis to estimate hydraulic parameters for sediments and soils.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=8953

Regards,
Chris

Return to “Intel ISEF Preparation”