Science project Plants

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

gvhernandez

Science project Plants

Post by gvhernandez »

My daughter volunteered her grandfather to write up a science project experiment for her class. She is in 2nd grade and her grandfather is a botanist. He really wants to help, but he is having a hard time writing up the experiment so that a 2nd grader will understand. The project idea has to do with growing plants under different variables. For example, plain water, water with a small amount of salt and one with a large amount of salt. Please help us with a format and any other ideas you may have with this idea.
Diggity
scibudadmin
Site Admin

Post by scibudadmin »

Diggity,

The best place to start is going to be our Project Idea writing guide. The guide was designed for volunteers who author our Project Ideas and it includes a template for writing a Project Idea and has information about education standards at the various grade levels which will help him format the writing for a 2nd grade reader.

We are always looking for new Project Ideas for our website and if her Grandfather is willing to work with Science Buddies we could help him create the Project Idea and then publish it on the Science Buddies website once it's complete.

The Guide and Template information can be found at https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... _kit.shtml

Please email scibuddy@sciencebuddies.org if you or he is interested in working with Science Buddies staff to create the project idea. We are happy to help edit it so that it will work for the 2nd grade level and we have a staff scientist who is available for help and ideas.

Regards,
Melissa G.
Science Buddies Staff
SRGT BUBBLES
Project Question: wireless sensor network
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Science project Plants

Post by SRGT BUBBLES »

I would agree with Melissa.
If you do as she says, you should have any problems.
Respectfully,
SRGT BUBBLES

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”