light and color

Ask questions about your science fair project here. Please be specific and complete.

Moderator: berkeleywebs

ddmkn

light and color

Post by ddmkn »

I heard a story where a young boy was watching a parade from behind a red glass window. He believed the soldiers marching by were wearing white coats. In fact the coats were red. I was told when you view a red object behind a red glass it appears white. Is this true? I would like to do this for my science fair project but I want to make sure it is true. If it is true, what supplies would I need?
Donna<><
kenzad01

Re: light and color

Post by kenzad01 »

ddmkn wrote:I heard a story where a young boy was watching a parade from behind a red glass window. He believed the soldiers marching by were wearing white coats. In fact the coats were red. I was told when you view a red object behind a red glass it appears white. Is this true? I would like to do this for my science fair project but I want to make sure it is true. If it is true, what supplies would I need?
Look into filters for photography in the library. Colored paper tissues are available. also colored plastic films are used to make masks for use in making printed circuit boards. You can get these at art supply stores.
Kenneth A. Zadwick

Return to “General Questions”