IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding INTERVIEWS

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

scibudadmin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding INTERVIEWS

Post by scibudadmin »

For those of you who are have been asked to interview an expert as part of your science fair project, please remember and abide by the following:

(1) The posting of personal contact information, such as email addresses, phone numbers, instant messaging IDs, etc. is prohibited.

(2) Please do not ask the Experts for their contact information. All communication at Ask an Expert takes place within the Forums in order to protect the safety and privacy of those who use the Forums. That means that if you ask questions, the Expert(s) will respond to them here on the Forums.

(3) You will have the most success if you make your questions relatively general (i.e. instead of asking specific questions about chocolate, ask about working in chemistry or physics). Questions that are too specific will potentially go unanswered unless the Expert happens to work with exactly the topic mentioned. Your interview questions might ask about working in a certain field (physics, chemistry, etc.), or how the Expert became interested in science, etc.

(4) While we have a diverse group of Experts who volunteer of the Forums, most of them check the Forums once a week and we do not have an Expert in every single possible area of science. For this reason, if you do not receive a response to your questions within 48 hours, please make alternative arrangements/seek out an expert elsewhere.

If you have any questions, please contact us at scibuddy@sciencebuddies.org

Thank you,

Science Buddies Staff
LauraDreaRock
Project Question: The stroop Effect. Does age/gender effect how well people work with the Stroop Effect?
Project Due Date: March 25, 2009 for the County Science Fair on March 27-29. Wish us luck!
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding INTERVIEWS

Post by LauraDreaRock »

This is a note I thought of. If you have been asked to interview an expert, these admins are busy people and you would have better luck with your teacher at school or something. Try a professor at a local college or a prominent teacher at a good school (in my area the school is MAOS or York- google them). These admins can help more people if you go call up the science professor at your local college to talk with.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”