another analyzing question

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

jDawg

another analyzing question

Post by jDawg »

Hey,
My science fair experiment was to test the effect of differebt amounts of gas/water and oil/water mixtures on bean plant growth. The independent variables are the amounts of each pollution given to each plant group. These are 0tsp (control), 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1tbsp, 1 1/2 tbsp and a plant group of six for each level. The dependent variables are the height of the plants and the overall health of each group (either healthy or unhealthy).

I HAVE FINISHED THE EXPERIMENT!!! And now I need to know if there is another way to further analyze my data as i have qualitative, nominal data and quantitative, ratio data. I have graphs already and summary data tables but i want to know if I can extend off of my already done analysis.

Thanks!!<(^.^<)
~ Juli~ :D
Hey wazzupo
matthewmulanax
Former Expert

Post by matthewmulanax »

jDawg:

Could you post some of your data so we can determine the number of replications and/or experimental design? This will help in suggesting methods/techniques of analysis.

Matt Mulanax
jDawg

Post by jDawg »

oh yea, well at the end of my experiment all of the gas treated plants died with an ending height of o cm for each level of experimentation (1/2 tsp, 1tsp, 1 tbsp, and 1 1/2 tbsp) and the health of all of the levels was unhealthy. For the oil treated plants I found that actually all but one lived with an ending height of 29.5 cm for 1/2 tsp treated plants, 14.8 cm for 1 tsp, 25.1 for 1 tbsp, and 19.7 for 1 1/2 tbsp. The health in each of those groups were healthy
Hey wazzupo

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”