weather

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

tgillespie
Project Question: What happens when a cold front meets a cold front?
Project Due Date: 1/29
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

weather

Post by tgillespie »

We did the weather project "What happens when a warm front meets a cold front". We used the balloon and water expirement and are done with most of the work but are stuck on how to do a graph or chart. Any suggestions on what to do for a graph or chart?
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: weather

Post by HeatherL »

Hi there,

Welcome to Science Buddies! It sounds like you decided to do this abbreviated project idea: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p016.shtml

Can you tell me a little more about your procedure? Did you float a cold water balloon in hot water, a hot water balloon in cold water, or both?

What did you measure? Did you measure the direction of movement of the balloon? How did you record the information?

Once I understand your results, I can help you present them in a graphical form.

Heather
tgillespie
Project Question: What happens when a cold front meets a cold front?
Project Due Date: 1/29
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by tgillespie »

We did hot water balloon in cold water and the cold water balloon in hot water. The hot balloon floated in cold water and the cold balloon sank in hot water. Both reacted instantly. Still not sure how to graph.
Taylor
klhjbh62604
Project Question: Ask the Expert Volunteer.
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by klhjbh62604 »

Hello tgillespie:

Below I am going to provide you a link to help you create your graph. Please visit the site and review the material. If you still need help please let us know.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ysis.shtml

Thanks,
klhjbh62604
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A

Post by HeatherL »

Hi Taylor,

I understand your confusion. It is rather difficult to graphically represent "float" vs. "sink." Your data are more qualitative (something you saw) than quantitative (number-based). Have you considered displaying photos of what happened?

Heather

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”