How do you form a question?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

hanh15
Project Question: How to form a hypothesis? How to form a question?
Project Due Date: December 1, 2014
Project Status: I am just starting

How do you form a question?

Post by hanh15 »

Hi!

I'm in the 8th grade & I'm doing this project:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ml#summary

How do I form a question for this project that would be understandable by my peers?

because all the questions they suggest have terms that will be quite confusing for my classmates. For example:
What are the different key players in hemostasis? What do they do?
Why can a person with hemophilia have excessive bleeding?
What are anticoagulants? What are they used for?
How does trisodium citrate prevent coagulation?
What happens when sodium alginate solution is dropped into a calcium chloride solution that has sodium citrate in it?

I know for sure that when I explain it in class no one will understand what I'm talking about, so if you know how to reword it in a more understandable way, that would be very helpful!

Thank you! :D
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How do you form a question?

Post by tdaly »

Hi hanh15,

These questions are for you to answer as you do background research. They are not the scientific question you are testing in this experiment. Do some bacckground research to understand the answers to these questions and the definitions of the terms in them. Then, once you understand them yourself, you can explain them for your classmates.
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”