Carbon fiber cloth

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

nissan
Project Question: Rainfall
Project Due Date: 03/03/2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Carbon fiber cloth

Post by nissan »

Does anyone know where I can buy Carbon fiber cloth for my experiment?
sunmoonstars
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Carbon fiber cloth

Post by sunmoonstars »

Hi nissan,

I did a quick google search and found it easily on ebay. I want to make sure it is the right product you are looking for - can you tell me more about the project you are planning?

Thanks,
TOnya
nissan
Project Question: Rainfall
Project Due Date: 03/03/2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by nissan »

This is for Microbial Fuel Cell Project. I need it soon so I looking for some physical store options rather than online. Like HD, Lowes, ofcourse I called these stores and they said they don't have it.
HowardE
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by HowardE »

Carbon fiber fabric is sold as an alternative material to fiberglass. You can try calling boat stores (where it may be sold as repair material), or places that sell skateboards (skateboarders love the stuff to make their own boards). If you have a serious car customizing shop in your area, they might have it - it's a common material for making all sorts of customized car parts. Otherwise it's going to be hard to find a walk-in store that sells it though. I'd agree with sunmoonstars and suggest you locate an online source. There are many of those.

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”