Experiment on phototropism

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Piyalibanerjee-
Project Question: How does hydrogen peroxide (3%) effect on the plant cuttings (jade)? I am dialuting to low,medium, and high of that 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Project Due Date: May 20,2014
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Experiment on phototropism

Post by Piyalibanerjee- »

When plotting the graph between # of holes (sunlight exposed) and the degree of bending of stems, should I also plot the data collected from a full sunlight exposed plant in a same graph? What will be the usual out come of the experiment?
SandbaggerOne
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer expert.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Experiment on phototropism

Post by SandbaggerOne »

Hi there,

If you have the full sun data, then i would definitely plot it in the graph. As for "usual outcomes" don't worry too much about that. You come up with a hypothesis based on your research, you test it, and then you interpret it. It's OK if the results do not match the hypothesis. Do you need help interpreting your results? Do they not make sense to you? Please share what happened if you need some help so I, or one of the other experts can help you make sense of the results.

Cheers,
Colin

Return to “Grades K-5: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”