What Do I My Tests On?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

anarhan

What Do I My Tests On?

Post by anarhan »

Hello, I need help,
Another part of the project I am doing from my first post, is to test if applying a turmeric cream to cuts, rashes and etc... is better or if apply turmeric powder directly to cuts, rashes and etc.. is better. Another way to describe it is, the best way to access turmerics antioxidant properties.
But I don't know with which method and how I will do my tests :?,PLEASE help! I am aware I can test them on actual cuts, but I do not know if I will be able to find enough test subjects.
PLEASE respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, it could make the difference in my project and i'm on a race against time!
Thank you.
FRickels
Former Expert

Re: What Do I My Tests On?

Post by FRickels »

Hi anarhan!

Apologies for the late reply, I hope your project went well! I assume when you reference your last post you're talking about this project.

Since you seem to want to test the best way to apply turmeric for the best results, the best way would be to find human test subjects. The only thing you should be careful of in that is the health risks posed by open wounds and also finding consistency in the wounds. Otherwise, you could apply it in an agar plate like suggested in the original post and apply the turmeric in various different ways to the bacteria. However, as mentioned by another expert in the original post, it will be difficult to measure the antioxidant properties of the turmeric in the context of a grade 6-8 project.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

FRickels
FRickels

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”