NEED HELP-Designing experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

SierraRoseyyy

NEED HELP-Designing experiment

Post by SierraRoseyyy »

My science fair project question is this: What does the human brain perceive as cute in baby animals? My experiment is to show people baby animal pictures, and have them write down what is cute about the picture.
However, the real thing I need help with is this: How am I supposed to have a control group? Would it be certain people see only not-cute baby animal pictures, or have everyone I am asking see both kinds?
Thanks! :D
NanditaN425
Former Student Expert

Re: NEED HELP-Designing experiment

Post by NanditaN425 »

Hi Sierra and Welcome to Sci Buddies!

If you look at other experiments on human behavior on Sci Buddies, the data tables do not include a control group, but it does include certain variables. I would suggest creating 4 or so options for your test subjects to answer, such as the animal's eyes, the shape of their face, etc., so that the data can be consistent and you could graph it and such.

Here's a link to other projects you could use as reference: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... n-behavior

Hopefully this helps!
Nandita

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”