Exhibit vs Experiment?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

lauraspurgin

Exhibit vs Experiment?

Post by lauraspurgin »

My daughter (first grade) is starting her science fair project, and she would like to try the “How Does a Chick Breathe Inside Its Shell” project. (https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... -its-shell)

On the packet provided by her school, they are saying we need to first determine if this is an Experiment (using the scientific method) or an Exhibit. I’m having a hard time determining where this project fits and could see it both ways.

Since the egg shell project involves seeing if the dye will seep through the shell, does that make it an experiment? But I don’t see how there is a control group for this? Would the dye just be demonstrating that there are in fact pores in the shell?

Any help would be much appreciated!
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Exhibit vs Experiment?

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi Laura - I replied to you separately in response to your email. If you still have questions, please let me know.

Amy
Science Buddies
Sam1711

Post by Sam1711 »

Hi Amy Cowen.
I have same question as lawra, can you pm me your answer.
Any help is much appreciated .
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi Sam1711 - My answer to Laura was specific to her student's project and question. If you have a similar question, please post here in the forums and note what project your student is doing, and we will see if we can help answer.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”