Help needed: Ozone testing

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

lakshu_s

Re: Help needed: Ozone testing

Post by lakshu_s »

Please ignore the graph in my previous email . The legends were missing in my previous attachment.

[The extension docx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Lakshu,
Thanks for the well wishes! You did some really nice work with the chart.

I have a couple of suggestions for you to consider:
1. For the title of the graph, I would suggest keeping it short and to the point. Typically, the title of the graph should tell you what's on the y-axis and x-axis. In this case, you may want to consider shorten it to " Average Ground Level Ozone Level vs. Distance from Major Highways in St. Louis, MO"

2. For the Y-Axis, I would suggest moving the the LEGEND on the right over to the left side of the graph. This way, the readers can see what those levels mean immediately. Also, I would suggest matching the Y axis title to the title of the graph, i.e. instead of "Average Ozone Level Concentration in parts per billion (ppb), I would suggest " Average Ground Level Ozone Concentration in parts per billion (ppb)"

3. For the X-Axis, it seems a little too busy to me. This may be just because of the page size. However, if this is the final size of the graph, I would suggest that you remove the minor scale from the graph (0.2) and just keep the major scale (0, 1,2,3,4,5,6)

Best of Luck with your project and Have a Great Holiday Seasons!
Willey
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear Mr.Willey,

Thanks so much for your mail. Sorry I missed seeing your mail. I was sick with sore throat and fever for the past 1 week. Now getting better. Wish you and your family a Happy New Year 2019. I noted down your points and changed accordingly in my graph. I am done writing log book. Only pending is my project board. Thanks again for all your support from the beginning of this project. I will update you after submitting my project in school which is on Jan 16th.

Thanks,
Lakshita
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear Mr.Willey,

Finally I submitted my project for school science fair. Results will be announced on 24th.

Thanks for all your help.

Lakshita
LeungWilley
Former Expert

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Lakshita,
Congrats and Good Luck!
Willey
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear Mr. Willey,

I am very happy to let you know that I got placed first in the school level (across all grades 6, 7 and 8). They suggested minor changes which I will be making before presenting to the regional science fair on March 2nd. Without your help, I would not have accomplished this. Thanks so much for your help and guidance throughout since I started this project.

Thanks,
Lakshita
LeungWilley
Former Expert

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Lakshita,
Congratulations! You did a lot of really great work on this and should be very proud of your effort!
Best of luck at the regional! I am sure you will do great!

Willey
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Thanks so much for your wishes. I am working on making some changes to log book and board recommended at school fair. Regionals is on March 2nd.

Thanks,
Lakshita
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Hi Mr.Willey,

I am sooo happy to let you know that I won First place for Earth and Environmental category in Regional Science Fair and also nominated for Broadcom. Also I got 3rd place 'American Chemical Society' Award for all grades from 5-8.
Below is the link from Award's ceremony:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VeIpn ... sp=sharing

Without your guidance I really would not have made this. Thanks so much for your guidance and clarifying all my questions at right time.

Thanks,
Lakshita
LeungWilley
Former Expert

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Lakshita,
Congratulations on all your success! You have worked hard to earn them and I am glad to be of some small help along the way. Best of luck with the rest of the school year!
Congrats again!
Willey
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear Mr. Willey,
Thanks soo much for your wishes. Thanks again for all your support rendered through out this project. It really helped me a lot. For Graph I got struck for long and you helped me with ideas. I will definitely reach out to you after my exams. High school projects are way different from what I have done so far :-) Rules are different too. I need some help to start with. Planning to collect information on this during my summer break.

Thanks,
Lakshita
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear Mr.Willey,

How are you. I had a great summer vacation and excited for starting my freshman on Aug 16th. I started researching for my next project and got approval that I can experiment with Algae. Again this is environmental related project. I opened a separate thread in the category 9-12 Environmental sciences (Help Needed: Experiment with Coccolithophorid Algae). Please help me to understand this further and help with the material findings.

Thanks for all your help as always.

Lakshita

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”