Science Fair title needed in a few days

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

gizard123

Science Fair title needed in a few days

Post by gizard123 »

I need a science fair title soon. I can't turn in my project without a title. My project is about the effect of parking lot sediment on aquatic life. Its similar to this project.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... background
the only difference is that I am using a microscope to see the change in daphnia and I am not calculating the LC 50.
I need help quickly. In the experiment, i measured the heartbeats of daphnia in beakers filled with rainwater from different parking lots. I expected rainwater from polluted parking lots to be more toxic than others

thank you,
gizard123
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Science Fair title needed in a few days

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Gizard,

Science fair judges prefer project titles which clearly state the hypothesis/objectives of the experiment. So a title in this form would be ideal:

The effect of ______________ on _________________ .

In your case, you are looking at the effect of some measure of pollution in the rainwater on some measure of toxicity.

So, in order to fill in those blanks, you will need to define how you are measuring pollution and toxicity (? heart rate?).

Let us know if this helps!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”