Culturing bought capsule probiotics at home

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

FilippObada

Culturing bought capsule probiotics at home

Post by FilippObada »

Hello guys!

Latelly I've had some intestinal issues with which I found a probiotic that really helps. I think its because of those specific bacteria strains it contains. Other brands dont as well as home made probiotics like Kefir, Kombucha, fermented vegetables and others (I tried it all). The problem is those probiotics Im buying at pharmacy and help are a little expensive. Also I would like to ingest them in a bigger dose in long terms.
That being said, do you think it would be possible to culture the bacteria from one of those capsules at home?
Thank you!
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Culturing bought capsule probiotics at home

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello. This forum is to help students with their science fair projects. There are other forums on the internet that are more appropriate for your question. Thank you, and good luck!
Deana
cnoonan180
Expert

Re: Culturing bought capsule probiotics at home

Post by cnoonan180 »

Hello,

Are you working on a specific science fair project?

Remember that this forum is meant to help students, parents, and teachers with science fair projects only! It seems that you should consult a different source for the advice you are looking for.

Thank you,
-cnoonan180

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”