Question about How Do Plants Change the Buildup of Greenhouse Gases? activity

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Rspeener

Question about How Do Plants Change the Buildup of Greenhouse Gases? activity

Post by Rspeener »

My daughter is taking the idea and is going to try to demonstrate different kinds of plants affecting temperatures and also going to try multiple places in our house like our cold screen porch and our damp basement and our warm kitchen to represent different climates. Show how the different plants could affect global warming and the different climates could affect global warming with the different plants. Is there any other ideas that we are missing or do you think this is a good science project to represent global warming and the different variables that affect global warming? Thank you for the help!

-------------------------------------
Leave this to help the Experts:
The activity can be viewed at: How Do Plants Change the Buildup of Greenhouse Gases?
koneill18
Expert

Re: Question about How Do Plants Change the Buildup of Greenhouse Gases? activity

Post by koneill18 »

Hello,

I think your daughter had a great project idea! Just make sure that she includes an empty jar alongside the jar with the plant in each location that she tests so that she'll always have a control to compare her results to. It's also important to try to make sure that all of the plants in the different locations are exposed to about the same amount of light. If some plants receive light while others are left in the dark, that could influence your results. Other than that, I don't see any issues with this project idea!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”