VR Project / Eskom Expo for Young Scientistis

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

rousseautheron

VR Project / Eskom Expo for Young Scientistis

Post by rousseautheron »

Good afternoon,

I am a grade 9 pupil who are entering a science project in the category Computer Science and Software Development.

My focus question will be "Does VR metaverse pedagogy lead to improved learning outcomes compared to traditional education methods?"

The sample test we intend to do is that we get 50 grade 9 boys to participate and write a 10 question test after they read a lesson plan on a certain subject. Then we show the same content but with content that we are going to develop in a VR environment to another 50 grade 9 boys and they write the same test. We will compare the results in a graph and we compare the results. Then we will draw a conclusion based on which group performed the best.

Is my focus question sufficient or is it too broad? Should I reword it?

Kind regards,
Rousseau
koneill18
Expert

Re: VR Project / Eskom Expo for Young Scientistis

Post by koneill18 »

Hello,

This sounds like a really interesting project! I think your focus question sounds great. If you're testing the students on only one subject, you could consider specifying which subject that is in the focus question. But if you're going to be teaching them multiple different subjects, I think it's fine to leave the question as is.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”