ISEF Trifold Display

Questions related to preparing to attend an advanced competition. Experts will answer your questions and provide advice based on their first hand experience competing at advanced competitions. Talk to other students who will be attending and prepare together.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

skylarbelle13

ISEF Trifold Display

Post by skylarbelle13 »

I'm going to ISEF for the first time, so I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

What is the most common tri-fold display size? I've read the guidelines and found the maximum allowed per ISEF rules and I know that there can be a lot of variation, but generally what is the most common board size?

Thank you!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: ISEF Trifold Display

Post by MadelineB »

Congratulations on going to ISEF! That is such a great achievement!

Be sure to follow the ISEF 2022 guidelines ... but, having judged at ISEF when it was in-person, most of the posters are not tri-fold displays, they are actually about as large as ISEF allows and typically printed as one large poster board. But do not despair if you do not have access to printing one large poster board. However, if you do use a tri-fold, I would expect that you will mount it "flat" on the back panel of your booth.

Here's a link to a photo on the ISEF website. You can see the variety of project boards, including various sizes of tri-folds. This particular photo shows far more tri-folds than I remember seeing in previous years!

https://www.societyforscience.org/wp-co ... itHall.jpg

The most important thing to focus on is the content and visibility of your project display! Judges are looking at your science!

Best of luck! And enjoy!
Madeline

Return to “Preparing for the Competition”