Water Quality Science Fair Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

stellamae0209

Water Quality Science Fair Project

Post by stellamae0209 »

Hi! I am looking to start a science fair project that has something to do with water quality. I also want to include some elements of manure/fertilizer or animals, like Daphina. One idea I had was to test some different bodies of water around me and to ask people to guess which one was the most polluted, but that doesn't pass the science fair standards at my school. We have to have changeable variables throughout our experiment. Thank you!
brandimiller610
Expert
Project Question: Ask an Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Water Quality Science Fair Project

Post by brandimiller610 »

Hi,

I hope you are having a great day! Here is a link to a water quality project that I found on Science Buddies: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure. Basically, the purpose of this project is to evaluate the effects of pH (mimicking acid rain) on water quality and the aquatic ecosystem. There are also variations to this project, such as using different aquatic organisms (such as Daphnia, as you suggested). The changeable variable in this project would be the pH.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions, we are happy to help!

--Brandi

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”