Help with "Preventing SQL Injection Attacks"

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

tereysuttsy

Help with "Preventing SQL Injection Attacks"

Post by tereysuttsy »

Hi, I am currently working on my school project in which we need to study cybersecurity. I decided to create a program to stop SQL injections from the guide:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... -injection

The problem I am having is on step 7, where I had to search up an AMI called " science-buddies-sql-injection." However, when I search this up with the newest version of EC2, the program cannot be found. Are there solutions to this, or other choices for a project on creating a website that protects against SQL injections? Thanks.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help with "Preventing SQL Injection Attacks"

Post by bfinio »

Hi - I checked with our software engineer, and unfortunately it looks like an Amazon Web Services feature that this projected depended on has been deprecated. So right now, the project will not work as written. We are looking into whether we can update it, but it might be at least a few days before we can get back to you. If you aren't in a rush for your project, you can wait and I will reply again to this post, but if your project is due soon then unfortunately you might be better off picking a different project. We do have other cybersecurity-related projects on our site that you may find interesting.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help with "Preventing SQL Injection Attacks"

Post by bfinio »

Hi - Amazon has extended support for the product used by this project until 2027, so it should work again. However, they changed their interface and the instructions for the project are out of date (for example, the instructions to search for the AMI are not valid anymore). We are working to update the instructions and I will post another update when that is done.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”