Dealing with Diabetes, Trouble with Exporting Data

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

hseemaku0001

Dealing with Diabetes, Trouble with Exporting Data

Post by hseemaku0001 »

Hello!

I am doing the project Dealing with Diabetes for a science fair and have successfully set up the arduino and breadboard (I think). I have had a few fails but my latest trial was successful (the pump stopped when it reached the correct threshold), but I am having trouble exporting my data out of the Arduino IDE app on my Macbook. After installing a program I found on google, and having a few fails I am still unable to export the data. Also the select all and copy paste trick like suggested is not working. Please help.

Thank you :)
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Dealing with Diabetes, Trouble with Exporting Data

Post by bfinio »

Hi - I wrote the instructions for this project and unfortunately I've only ever used an Arduino with Windows. I'm not a Mac person but I believe the keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste are different. You might have more luck with this on the official Arduino forums: https://forum.arduino.cc/ - a quick search shows a lot of posts about problems with copy/pasting from the serial monitor, although at a glance I didn't see any that are Mac-specific. I would try searching there and then posting your own question if you can't find an answer.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”