Help! Artificial Pancreas: pump doesn't turn on!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

inch

Help! Artificial Pancreas: pump doesn't turn on!

Post by inch »

Hello,
I need help urgently. I am doing the Dealing with Diabetes: Road to developing an Artificial Pancreas experiment. My peristaltic pump turns on when I connect it to the Arduino uno, to check if it is working. However, whenever I connect it to the breadboard, which is what the experiment calls for, it doesn't turn on.
How can I fix this? Is it a problem with the Mosfet or computer code? I have followed all of the steps. Please help, I have to submit my project by this weekend!
Thank you
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help! Artificial Pancreas: pump doesn't turn on!

Post by bfinio »

Hi - sorry you did not get a reply to this last week. Were you able to get it to work? There are a lot of things that can go wrong with an Arduino circuit, so it's impossible for us to say what's wrong without seeing your circuit. If you can upload well-lit, in-focus pictures of your breadboard with a top-down view so we can see all the connections, then we can help you debug. We also have an Arduino debugging video that you may find helpful: https://youtu.be/9GLaU-BCEQM. Sorry if this is too little, too late.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”