research

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

KIMMYA

research

Post by KIMMYA »

I'm a STEM student humbly asking for your assistance. I'm now working on a research project about the effectiveness of an alternative laundry bleach (which is my product) and one of my quantitative indicators are about comparing the stains removed on clothes after using stain removers of difference mixtures. I found your reply on a student way back in 2017 that you can measure the clothes quantitavely via ImageJ, my problem is I don't know how to use it and I don't have proper citations if ever I have my results . Your response will be greatly appreciated
ctactawong
Expert

Re: research

Post by ctactawong »

Hello, not the author you were looking for but you can cite imagej by citing its publication. Here's a few options listed.

https://imagej.net/contribute/citing

You can consider taking a picture of a stain sample that is cleaned with your product, and determine how "white" it by comparing with a picture of a perfectly white sample. You can consider using a color dropper to read the pixel values. Calculate the difference of RGB values between your samples and the white control is one option.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”