Analyzing water temperature and turbidity in LANDSAT data

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Deetya

Analyzing water temperature and turbidity in LANDSAT data

Post by Deetya »

Hi,
For my project I am looking at satellite data accuracy in kelp forests, and I am using the LANDSAT website to get turbidity and temperature data on that area of water (here's the link: https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ ). I need help knowing which data type I should use to get the data I need, thanks!

Follow-up Questions:

Does anyone have an idea on how to get temperature and turbidity data in a small area of water from any satellite? Thanks

Does anyone know how to convert meters to NTU? I need turbidity data, however I have visibility data in meters and am unsure on how to get it to NTU. Thanks.

Moderator's note: Hi Deetya, First, I apologize that your first question did not receive a reply. Thank you for your patience! Second, I have combined your first question plus your 2 follow-up questions in to the same post. The experts scan the forums looking for posts which have not received a reply, so by combining the 3 questions into one and removing your self-replies, hopefully an expert will respond and help you very soon. Again, thank you for your patience and best of luck with your project!
Madeline

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”