Similar Triangles Using Parallax to Measure Distance

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

asherwaye

Similar Triangles Using Parallax to Measure Distance

Post by asherwaye »

I am in 8th grade geometry, but doing this project for science. I was wondering what a good independent and dependent variable would be to test?

[Administrator note: Project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... e-distance ]
EricaRedman1

Re: Similar Triangles Using Parallax to Measure Distance

Post by EricaRedman1 »

Hi!

That is great you are wanting to tackle an advanced subject for your 8th grade science project.

I would like some more information from you before answering your question. First, I just joined the Ask an Expert forum as an Expert and so I am just now looking around to see if there are any questions I can help answer or guidance to offer. I see that you posted this a couple of weeks ago. Are you still working on this project, or did you decide on a different one?

If you are still wanting to do this project, have you decided on where you will be standing and which object is going to be your far-away fixed object, and which object you are wanting to measure the distance of using Parallax?

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”