Science Display Board

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Chili

Science Display Board

Post by Chili »

Hi,
I've only seen two colors for display boards, black and white. Do people go and paint these to make different colors? If so, what kind of paint? Also, what is the general size I should be looking for with my child, 36" by 48"? Thanks and take care.
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

If you go somewhere like Michael's (an art supply store) you will likely find a variety of 36 by 48" display boards, in many different colors. Most of the foamcore display boards seen in science fairs are made by Elmers. (the same company that makes Elmer's glue). You may also paint the board, but if your board is foamcore, don't use spraypaint because it may "melt" the board.

In short: yes, there are other colors out there besides black and white, 36 by 48" is a good size, and you can paint boards.
All the best,
Terik
erikws

Display board colors.

Post by erikws »

You can get them at any craft or office supply store. I bought mine online at showboards.com
On the display board, what goes in the area marked "Recommended"?
I can't find anywhere what that information should be.
I appreciate any help!!!!

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”