Judges_02

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Nathaniel Catasca

Judges_02

Post by Nathaniel Catasca »

Hey Everyone,
I have my Science Fair this Friday, February 2nd!!! And I need to know how to approach the Judges!!! Should I smile? How do I start? What do I say first?

HELP!!!
NAC
Louise
Former Expert

Re: Judges_02

Post by Louise »

Nathaniel Catasca wrote:Hey Everyone,
I have my Science Fair this Friday, February 2nd!!! And I need to know how to approach the Judges!!! Should I smile? How do I start? What do I say first?

HELP!!!
NAC
Smiling, stepping forward and saying, "Hello, my name is Nathaniel. Can I tell you about my project?" is a good way to start. The judges may ask to read your board first, or they may say yes. Have a very brief intro prepared, and then walk them through your board. Ask them if they have any questions or suggestions, and thank them when you are done.

Most importantly, relax and have fun. They are not going to fail you because your smile is wrong, or you are nervous... they will be judging you on scientific content, though obviously being polite and friendly cannot hurt.

Louise

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”