batteries that make cents

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Aldiet3
Project Question: We did the batteries that make cents. We used pennies and dimes for one voltaic pile and quarters and pennies for another voltaic pile. Using a voltmeter they both got approximately the same results. An average of .07. I am just trying to make sure that is correct. They both would have approximately the same volts?
Project Due Date: 12/20/13
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

batteries that make cents

Post by Aldiet3 »

My daughter was comparing voltaic piles. One pile had 6 pennies and 6 dimes
The other penny had 6 pennies and 6 quarters
When hooked up to the voltmeter they had approximately the same reading. Is that correct?

The project also requires future applications. I believe they would light up a red LED light but that is it. What would a future application be? Thank you
Aldiet3
Project Question: We did the batteries that make cents. We used pennies and dimes for one voltaic pile and quarters and pennies for another voltaic pile. Using a voltmeter they both got approximately the same results. An average of .07. I am just trying to make sure that is correct. They both would have approximately the same volts?
Project Due Date: 12/20/13
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: batteries that make cents

Post by Aldiet3 »

Can anyone help me with this? please!

Return to “Grades K-5: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”