Help identify independent variable, DV and Constant

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

lauren1234
Project Question: I need to know the Independent variable, dependent variable and the constant in the shimmy shimmy soda pop experiment please!
Project Due Date: 4/27/2014
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Help identify independent variable, DV and Constant

Post by lauren1234 »

I am working on the "Shimmy Shimmy Soda Pop" experiment and need to label my variables. I think the Sugar is the Independent Variable, the Citric Acid is the Constant and the Baking Soda is the DV. Can you confirm this?

Thank you!!
lauren1234
Project Question: I need to know the Independent variable, dependent variable and the constant in the shimmy shimmy soda pop experiment please!
Project Due Date: 4/27/2014
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Help identify independent variable, DV and Constant

Post by lauren1234 »

Do you need more information to help me answer this question? I think the DV is the baking soda because it depends on the Constant of the Citric acid (always added 1/4 tsp.) to make the solution. Then, I think the IV is the Sugar because it is independent of the baking soda and citric acid part of the experiment. Please let me know if that makes sense.

Return to “Grades K-5: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”