Climate Change scientists

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

dadsolarjohn
Project Question: Climate Change discussion
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Climate Change scientists

Post by dadsolarjohn »

I'm in a discussion, and we're seeking answers to the question ... When we hear that 97% of scientists believe there is a 'human' connection to the climate dilemma ... are the 'scientists' referred to 'climate scientists' or not ... ? Thank you :)
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Climate Change scientists

Post by SciB »

Hi,

I do not know the source of that claim you cited so I cannot answer your question. I suspect that it refers to all scientists not just those that specialize in climatology. In fact you don't need to be a scientist to understand the connection between increases in CO2 and increases in global temperature as well as ocean acidity. Any educated person can read a review or book on how human activities alter climate and learn the facts for themselves. The difficulty is finding unbiased sources of 'facts'.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”