Help choosing which science fair project ideas...

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Jessamarie3

Help choosing which science fair project ideas...

Post by Jessamarie3 »

I in 5th grade and have a science project due but I'm not sure what falls in the category I have. My project title is Purify water and charcoal and the category is environmental science- studies of the environment and its effects on organisms/systems, including investigations of biological processes such as growth and life span. Any ideas on what falls in this category?
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help choosing which science fair project ideas...

Post by AmyCowen »

I'm not sure I understand your question. It sounds like you already have a project and category?
My project title is Purify water and charcoal and the category is environmental science
Are you doing a project on purifying water?

Can you clarify what it is you are trying to determine regarding the category?

Amy
Science Buddies
cnoonan180
Expert

Re: Help choosing which science fair project ideas...

Post by cnoonan180 »

Hello!

It seems like your project falls into the environmental science category as you mentioned in your question. Did your teacher or perhaps a science fair you're entering give you a list of categories? If you have a list, please let us know which categories are on the list so the mentors here can help you choose the correct category for your project.

Are there different categories of environmental science you think this project may fall into?

Some more information about your project may help the mentors here better assist you.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions!

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”