Educational & eco-friendly toys for boy

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Bucatini

Educational & eco-friendly toys for boy

Post by Bucatini »

What do you think about eco-friendly toys for kids? Maybe do you create some of them on your own? May they be attractive for children in our times, when it is important to have the newest smartphone model?

Do you know some educational, green and less / zero waste toys which I can buy for a 10-year old boy as a birthday present? I was thinking about some wooden train, board game or old set Lego - I heard that brand gives a possibility to rebuild old set (like sports car from Lego Technics) with Green Instruction lego tutorials he likes to construct and demolish constructions made on his own (mostly demolish) ;)

Do you know different brands and activities like this? I'm interested in educational and functional toys mostly. Please don't recommend any computer games - we try to use him to different, offline activities - he spends now too much time at his computer.

[Administrator note: url removed]
Noorakhat
Student Expert

Re: Educational & eco-friendly toys for boy

Post by Noorakhat »

Hello Bucatini!

I would be happy to help you out with educational and eco-friendly toys. Brain stimulating toys are the most effective in developing problem-solving skills, understanding cause/effect, and motor skills.

For eco-friendly toys, wood, recycled material, and fabric are your best bet. Are you looking for brain-stimulating toys like building sets, or toys for your child to learn basic concepts such as numbers and colors?

Nerdwallet has eco-friendly and educational toys that you can handmake yourself or buy:

I hope this helps! :D

[Administrator note: url removed]
Bucatini

Post by Bucatini »

The kid is my sister's son, so it's not mine (thank God... :D ). Thank you for a link but I suppose they mostly for a bit younger kids than he is.
Primarily, I want toys that helps to solve problems and to develop imagination (spacial and any other kind of it).
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

These forums are for questions related to doing science projects, typically for school, a science fair, or at-home learning. For general recommendations or product suggestions, we suggest general forums online.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”