Question about Ecological Footprint Analysis activity

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

maysoon

Question about Ecological Footprint Analysis activity

Post by maysoon »

Type your question below and then press Submit!

The subject is very interesting, however I'm struggling in finding a start point for my project. can you guide me into it? Any ideas or clues would help a lot. Thank you :D

-------------------------------------
Leave this to help the Experts:
The activity can be viewed at: Ecological Footprint Analysis
koneill18
Expert

Re: Question about Ecological Footprint Analysis activity

Post by koneill18 »

Hello,

We'd be happy to help you out with planning your project! A good starting point would be to learn about the different ways our actions can impact the planet. I did a quick search and found this ecological footprint calculator. This can give you some ideas of how we can increase or decrease the size of our ecological footprint.
http://www.footprintcalculator.org/home/en

The next part of the project talks about developing your own way to measure ecological impact. Once you figure out what actions people are taking that are impacting the environment, you can figure out how to measure the effects of those actions. For example, driving to work or school has an impact on the environment because our cars produce greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming. So to measure the environmental effects of driving, you can measure carbon emissions from your car.

I hope this helps get you started! Don't hesitate to ask any other questions that you have.
gewijeb

Re: Question about Ecological Footprint Analysis activity

Post by gewijeb »

Hello,

you may start with a brief description of ecological footprint, what actions and materials harm our planet. Attach the results of previous research on this topic and gradually move towards the essence of your project.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”