Question about how to show statistics for my project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

cgscience

Question about how to show statistics for my project

Post by cgscience »

Hello!
So I am doing a project on finding the harmful effects/what biological processes can be disrupted when drug targeting the protein Kv4.2. But I was wondering what I should do for my statistics because my project doesn't really have them I guess? Like I was using the NCBI Gene Database for everything and different articles I found but the results I got don't really have any statistics or numbers to write down, the only I guess "data" I have is a chart describing where in the body drug targeting this protein can effect. So does anyone have any advice on what I should do for statistics/my results if they aren't really number based?
Thank you in advance
koneill18
Expert

Re: Question about how to show statistics for my project

Post by koneill18 »

Hello!

This sounds like a really interesting project! As you said, you can't do any statistical analysis for your project since you weren't performing experiments to test a hypothesis. Since this was a non-experimental research project, I think it's totally fine to just present your findings in the form of tables or charts. Those would be your "results" since you don't have any numbers to make graphs with. As long as there wasn't a requirement for your project to have a statistical analysis component, I think you should be fine doing it this way. Let us know if you need help figuring out how best to organize and present the specific data that you have!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”