How should we go about the project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Klovers--Hemlock

How should we go about the project

Post by Klovers--Hemlock »

Hi, my name is Kayla and my friend Jordan and I are part of the 9th & 10th NSSA stem program, and we are doing a project on the cocoa genome. But we have a problem, our problem is in terms of experimentation we don't know what to do. What do you recommend or suggest we do?
Thank u
-Kayla
theborg
Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How should we go about the project

Post by theborg »

Hello Kayla. Welcome to the site and thank you for your question.

What your experiment procedure is depends largely on what you're trying to prove...what is your thesis? Below is a write up on the scientific method, which should be helpful in guiding you along in the development of you experiment procedures.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... fic-method

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”